Why Apply for Scholarships?
Benefits of Applying for Scholarships
Scholarships can reduce the cost of higher education by covering tuition fees, accommodation, living expenses, and learning materials.
Depending on the specific scholarship or organisation you are affiliated with, securing a job upon graduation could become a reality for you.
Scholarships let you focus on your studies and activities at university without worrying about fees, expenses, or job security after graduation.
Scholarships at a Glance
How We Can Help
Our Services / Approach
1. Application Strategy
- Scholarship applicants need to have a strong sense of who they are and what they bring to the table. That is why we emphasise the need to build a strong foundation for their applications by crafting an authentic and fully fleshed out personal brand.
- We evaluate our clients’ academic portfolios so that we can assess what has been done and advise what needs to be done to move forward.
- We examine scholarship requirements closely with our clients to make sure that who they are and what they want are aligned with the scholarships they are applying to.
2. Application Planning
- We will walk our clients through a reflection exercise to document what they learnt from each of their experiences, good or bad, and how they will leverage their transferable skills at university and in their future career.
- If necessary, strategies will be put in place to beef up our clients’ academic portfolios that support their personal brand. We encourage our clients to be proactive and independent as they look for opportunities but provide support when necessary.
- Depending on the application requirements, time might need to be spent on standardised tests and psychometric profiling.
3. Personal Statement
- Essay planning and writing is a process. We emphasise the need to strategise, outline, draft and edit. Writing a personal statement goes beyond stringing your accomplishments together. We work with our clients to ensure that their personal statements and essays are an extension of the documents they submit to ensure consistency in their applications.
- Personal statements and essays are critical to providing scholarship committees insight into who our clients are and how they will add value to the universities/organisations they apply to. They need to clearly capture a client’s personal brand that is supported by evidence from their academic portfolio.
4. Interview Preparation
- If a client has been selected for an interview, it likely means the committee likes what they read on paper and wants to verify that the client is all they claim to be. We pay special attention to incorporating our clients’ personal brands, supported by their academic portfolios to ensure consistency in all aspects of the application process.
- We prepare our clients for interviews by running through different question types and interview formats. We focus not only on how to structure responses, but also body language and attire.
Over 80% of our clients were accepted to NUS and NTU-Imperial MBBS programmes
We love it when our clients share their success stories with us so we can brag about it.
"ICON helped me polish my interview skills and present my best self to interviewers in all manners of interviews. They taught me how to effectively illustrate points, and also helped me link my experience with answering the questions posed. Thank you ICON for all the help!"