How Do I Register for the ISAT?
The ISAT is designed to evaluate prospective medical students on the intellectual skills and abilities required for success in tertiary education and a subsequent medical career. The ISAT can be taken at numerous test centers worldwide.
If you have set your sights on studying medicine in Australia, you will most likely have to register for the ISAT. The ISAT is usually available from mid-March onwards and there are no set dates for testing. You will specify your preferred test venue, date and time during the registration. This registration can be done through an online system or by calling the region’s Candidate Care number (+60-3-7628-3333). All this can be somewhat confusing to first-timers, so allow us to provide a step-by-step guide on the registration process.
- Prepare an email address and credit card. All correspondence will be conducted via email, so be sure that your inbox settings are adjusted to allow mail from email@example.com
- Access the registration system through this link and create a Prometric Client log-in account. Note that test-takers must have at least 12 calendar months between ISAT sittings. Also, remember to ensure the name on your ISAT registration matches the name on your passport or other official identity documents.
- After clicking ‘Locate a Test Center’ or ‘Schedule an Exam’, select your preferred country.
- Follow the prompts and selections through to the list of test centers available in your country.
- Ensure that your Prometric client account is logged in and click on ‘Schedule Appointment’ next to the most convenient test centre. You will see a calendar with available dates for the coming 8 weeks.
- Select the date of your choice and available times will appear from which you may choose. This does not commit you to a test registration. Ensure that you will be available on the chosen date.
- Continue to follow the prompts and make payment once you are ready to complete your registration. A confirmation will then be sent to you via email.
- Note that you will incur a US$50 penalty if you reschedule or cancel your ISAT exam within 30 calendar days of the original appointment.
Registering for the ISAT is as simple as that! Here at ICON+, we provide quality and comprehensive prep courses for various standardized tests, such as the ISAT, BMAT and UKCAT. With our relevant course materials, flexible review and make-up classes, along with in-depth Medical School Profile Analysis, ICON+ is fully committed to help you achieve your ideal ISAT score. We hope to see you in one of our classes soon!